Um so I am losing weight. Yesterday I weighed in at 71kg with all my clothes on. I am usually 73kg or thereabouts nekkid. I can hardly face solid food. Grapes and bananas are my friends at the moment. I have my suspicions as to why, but right now I have the following crazy stuff happening:
- Chronic indegestion
- No apetite (well, for Chinese food, anyway)
- Really tired all the time
- Big knot in my stomach (anxiety)
- Not sleeping well at night
- Stress from knowing life-changing times are ahead after 2.5 years on the road.
- Stress from all the visa issues….how wonderful it will be to arrive in New Zealand and know that I am allowed to stay there as long as I want!
- Lack of decent human contact. In an area of China where there are millions of people surrounding me, I feel the lonliest I have ever on this trip.
- Accumulated fatigue due to the heat and of course skating.
- Truely depressing and uninspiring surroundings that I know I still have at least a weeks worth of skating through.
Crazy crazy times. I was thinking that I would coast through this last wee bit…nothing of the sort. I find myself quite nicely depressed and not at all my usual self. I am taking 5mg Mosapride Citrate Capsules (a Japanese stomach regulator) for the indegestion, along with some crazy Chinese herbal stuff, and that is helping.
I do have my fourth and final visa extension in hand however. I bussed back to Hefei city yesterday to get it. They graciously gave me until the 8th of October (my flight out is on the 7th). Things to look forward to between now and then are meeting up with fellow traveller Steve Ruelle who now lives about 70km out of Shanghai, and staying with Michele and his girlfiend in Shanghai until my flight leaves. It will be truely theraputic to hang out with people that I can communicate with!
So for Steve, if you’re reading this, I am in Wuhu and heading your way. I have no idea when I’ll arrive. Could be within the working week, could be up to 10 days away or more. It all depends on how my body holds up and how many kilometers a day my legs will carry me. If I have to crawl at 20km a day, I will.
Readers, prayers and/or general good health vibes requested.